- Experienced in launching and scaling consumer and enterprise products for the last 15+ years at various levels of product management.
- Ability to conceive and execute category defining and industry leading products from scratch.
- Shaped and grown product and UX teams from the ground up multiple times.
- Excellent at reaching consensus at executive & senior management levels for critical business decisions.
- Lead partner, OEMs and operations contract of significant 10m+ value in various capacities.
- Adept in all product functions: strategic alignment, shaping roadmap, value proposition development, growth, research, design operations and incubating innovation.
- How to improve product value, especially employing machine learning in the areas of natural language, computer vision and multimodal understanding.
- How to influence and bring applied research in NLP, Computer vision into products for magical experiences.
- How to strategize data management to build training, labeling and serving machine learning pipelines.
- How to take technically complex software hardware platform products from concept to market.
- First principle thinker with self developed decision frameworks and mental models.
- loves designing applied ML systems with viable SaaS offering business models.
Google – Research
Jan 18 – present
Product manager – Data Management platform and Data strategy
- Cross organization product leader for building data labeling, model monitoring and training pipeline with Google cloud data labeling service, contributing to double digit million $$ deals for 2021 with triple digit projections.
- Enabling Google speech and assistant teams for specialized training and data tasks to improve speech recognition, transcription and translation quality – 20% less training data and 40% faster data output
- Pricing and beta testing with industrial (vision inspection) and Document AI customers for early product use cases.
- Building centralized HIPAA and GDPR policy compliant data storage platforms for Google health and other product areas.
- Hiring, training and mentoring a small group of designers with cross group collaboration focused on branding and marketing the solution.
Strategizing for long term data initiatives for research and product areas
- Defining strategy for critical data ecosystem components to prepare Google research at long term investments in synthetic data generation, data excellence and data quality.
- Extensive user research for generating insights to identify researchers and ML practitioner’s needs to support data strategy validation.
- Driving roadmap with clear ROI on investments and defined success metrics for applied research initiatives.
Research in multimodal understanding (Image to text)
- Advancing generative image captioning models to Google products like Chrome and Google photos – Making products accessible to 300+ million visually impaired users.
- Identifying compelling product use cases and prioritizing team efforts for-
- Multilingual image captioning models and building appropriate datasets
- Converting image captioning model for on-device (edge) model
- Improved quality of model output in the areas of fairness, gender bias and ethical considerations
Google – DayDream
Jan 17- Dec 18
Product Manger – Founding member of ARCore android SDK
ARCore is an android SDK for building augmented reality apps. ARCore integrates virtual content with the real world as seen through a device’s camera using key technologies like Motion tracking, Environmental understanding and Light estimation.
- Pioneering team member who lead scoping the MVP and assembled teams around engineering, research and laser focus execution. Key collaborator from product & engineering to marketing, support and OEM integrations.
- ARCore SDK is currently used in more than 100+ enterprise apps and over 20+ million devices.
Google – Nest
Apr 15 – Dec 17
Google – Nest – Product / Program manager
- Key executor in launching the new outdoor nest camera hardware with improved and compatible mobile application, resulting in nest camera market share by 12%
- Pioneering 1st machine learning feature, person detection, in consumer camera market by leading collaboration with Google research & nest perception teams.
- Intelligent Object and person detection alerts Improved NPS score by 12% and 20% lift in use of notification.
- Transforming and setting a new design standard for browsing video recording with innovative design; “timeline”
- Program managing 7+ partnerships Nest partnership with energy companies (APIs) and other IOT device manufacturers for home automation use cases.
Microsoft (Silicon valley and Redmond, WA)
Apr 2010 – Apr 15)
Senior Program Manager for Proactive Experiences in Windows
- Leading consumer product features in Windows 10 to ship 2 key proactive experience with personal assistant (Cortana)
- Designing engaging user interfaces for android and windows phone for personal assistant integrated with Microsoft office scenarios.
- Founding and leading a small team of product managers to build user preference stores (inferred and explicit) for Microsoft account users to power proactive assistant experiences.
Senior Program Manager – Information platform division (Bing search)
- Played a key role in merger of “Here” maps team with Bing for search relevance measurement and improvement.
- Program managing data acquisition contracts with maps data providers for Bing maps in non-us markets.
- Leading initiative to define a measure with competitive relevance metric in major markets and improving search relevance by 5%+ of the market leader.
Program Manager – Microsoft Speech & TellMe networks
- Improving speech for xBox and windows phone by partnering with voice and speech technology from TellMe network’s IVR.
Apr 10 – Jun 11
Program Manager – enterprise volume licensing and Content management
- Program managing a content development platform for norton product line for worldwide distribution
- Program managing platform development for billing and licensing norton products for enterprise.
Tata Consultancy services
(Jan 04-Oct 08 | June 09 – Mar 10)
Developer consulting for Visual studio, MS Office and MSN at Microsoft
- Developing enterprise collaboration tools for Microsoft office and Visual studio teams as a web developer.
- Developing frameworks for custom media advertising solutions and reusable, small advertising solutions
- Developing product samples and documentation for MSDN knowledge base articles to demonstrate technology.
- Leading the remote development team in India, other geographies and general delivery management.
- Business development and presales activity for new product proposals using Microsoft technologies.
Aug 02- Dec 03
Web development and backend engineer
- Worked as a core web developer building learning management systems for enterprises with SaaS models.
Aug 00 – July 01
- Deepak Nitrite is a chemical manufacturer,
- Designed specifications for vacuum equipment
- Carried out energy audit and establishing process for energy management in utilities, packaging and raw batch processing
- Startup advisor through Google launchpad accelerator program and personal connections
- Code camp and volunteer for “hour of code” in primary schools in palo alto and Los altos school districts.
- I like coding android small utility apps (recently learned flutter) and tuning some pretrained models for fun
- I love to write (in my native language) and tinker with IOT devices.
- I enjoy riding motorcycles and hiking along the west coast with our son.
I hold a graduate degree in Chemical engineering from university of Pune, India.